Welcome to my scratchpad. You might or might not find useful things here.
getbuildlog zbar last symbolfile=libzbarqt0.symbols for i in armel i386 ia64 mipsel powerpc s390 sparc; do sed '0,/^dpkg-gensymbols/d;/^dpkg-gensymbols/d;/^dh_makeshlibs:/,$d' zbar_0.10+doc-1_$i.log | patch $symbolfile.$i -; done
- Download all old sources from snapshot.debian.org: debsnap packagename
- Create git repository and cd into it: mkdir $packagename && cd $packagename && git init
- Tell git to merge changes from new versions automatically: git config branch.master.mergeoptions '-s recursive -X theirs'
- Import the sources as listed in the .dsc files: git-import-dscs ../*.dsc
- Unset the merge options: git config –unset branch.master.mergeoptions
It might be useful to patch git-import-dscs to set branch.master.mergeoptions automatically, but there might be reasons where you want to avoid that (for example when uptsream shipped a debian folder and the maintainer did not remove it).